Do you like the new layout? I figured the blog could use a bit of a makeover, especially after such a long absence. Sorry about that, but school had to come first. Any underclassmen reading this: PLEASE don’t triple up in sciences. It’s doable, but it drains you by the end of the semester. But it’s over! I’m free, if only for a little while. And I intend to enjoy every minute of it!
In order to get the most out of my summer, I decided to make a list of things I want to do in the Atlanta area. I’ve done some of these before, and they’re so great that I wanted to do them again! So, without further ado, here’s my list:
- Visit the National Center for Civil and Human Rights.
- Go to the Atlanta Food Truck Park and eat as much food as possible.
- Stroll around the Botanical Garden and try not to sneeze a lot (I will not let my allergies hold me back).
- See the Atlanta Beltline for the first time. Honestly I’m not exactly sure what it is, but I’m always up for exploring!
- Spend an afternoon in Little Five Points again, for too many reasons to list here.
- I love food, so markets seem like the perfect way to spend at least half a day. The Curb Market offers so much variety, and I can’t wait to see it for myself! This one might take more than one visit.
- The High Museum. I seem to always miss College Night for one reason or another, but I know this is a must. A quiet afternoon in the museum sounds perfect.
- Apparently the Atlanta Ice Cream Festival is a real thing and not just a beautiful dream of mine! I simply MUST go.
- Anyone who knows me knows that I love animals, so I couldn’t let another summer pass without visiting the Zoo.
- Sweet Georgia’s Juke Joint combines two of my favorite things: food and live music. I look forward to going for the first time this summer!
Are there any that you think I should add to the list? Let me know in the comments below! I know this isn’t like my normal picture-heavy posts but I promise each event I check off of my list will get its own post with lots of dazzling pictures. Also, I’m going to try my best to do one blog post each week with some of my creative writing. It truly depends on my schedule, but I’ll do my best.
See you guys soon!